Friday, July 31, 2015

Trim Organizer

This week I put together this trim organizer. 
 Let me start with telling you my funny story.  I was in the process of finishing up this project when I accidentally hit my cup of coffee.  I have never moved so fast trying to move stuff off my desk!!!  I was able to save about 90% of my project but still lost some very nice paper in the process.  
I love the way it turned out even with some coffee stains on it!!


First I adhered paper from my stash.  I then used a clock stencil and modeling paste to give texture.  I then added some lace and trim from my stash.
I also added some ornate metal feet to the corners of the organizer. 


I then added this hanging clock, that I put about 4 coats of gesso on it.  If you look real close you can see its also been coffee stained!!!  Not the look I was going for, but it works!!
I then started layering flowers to make this beautiful flower spray.


On this corner of the organizer I added some more flowers and a metal clock piece.  You can see some of the texture I added with the modeling paste and stencil.


I added paper to the lace dividers, but only to 2 of them.  Do to the mishap with the coffee, I was unable to save the rest of the paper.  But these 2 look great!!

I hope you like my project this week and had a little chuckle!!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Graphic 45 Ladies Diary Paper
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Modeling Paste
Clock Stencil
Tim Holtz Box Feet
Lace/Trim
Gesso



No comments:

Post a Comment