Friday, July 17, 2015

Altered Embroidery Hoop - Baby Layout

This week I have altered an embroidery hoop.  I have created a baby girl layout.  Very soon I will be getting a new granddaughter and wanted to make a beautiful piece for my daughter to hang in the babies room.
I painted the hoop with 2 coats of white gesso and then added pattern paper to a piece of lightweight chipboard for the backing.  I inked the edges of the hoop with distress ink.
I then added some box pleated trim and a pearl trim to the outside edge of the hoop.  I created a space for a 4x6 photo in the center.


The chipboard pieces I used are from the Baby Girl Clothesline Set.
I took the baby dress and painted it with light pink acrylic paint and inked the edges with distress ink.  I then added some lace to the bottom of the dress along with  some trim and pearl trim.  I popped this up with foam squares so that the photo can go under it.


  I then added some pattern paper to the baby booties and some crochet trim to the top of them.  I also inked these with pattern paper. 


 To finish off the hoop I added some flower sprays and seam binding.
I hope you like what I have created!

Kim :)

Gina's Designs item Used:

Other Items Used:
Graphic 45 - Little Darlings Collection
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Pink Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Cardstock
Embroidery Hoop
Trim/Pearl Trim/Lace/Seam Binding

No comments:

Post a Comment