Friday, August 28, 2015

Altered Frame by Kim C.

Welcome to this weeks project!
I have altered a picture frame that I picked up at a yard sale.  Best place to find those items to alter and make beautiful!

I painted the frame with white gesso first then added pattern paper.  I then added an intricate doily to the top and bottom corners.  I then added flowers from my stash on top.  I added some lace and some flat back pearls to each scallop on the lace.

The large butterfly I painted with snow-tex then added some H2O paints from ColourArte and then used some distress ink on it.  

I then painted the word "Love", also with snow-tex.

A view of the top corner with the intricate doily under the flowers.  I wanted this to look elegant with just a touch of color to it.  I think I managed that.  I hope you like this weeks project and please stop back!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Flatback Pearls
Mirabelle Paper Collection from The Paper Studio(Hobby Lobby)

Friday, August 21, 2015

"Timeless Memories" Folio by Kim C.

This week I have made a mini album or folio.  This is for a benefit for someone that lost their home to a very major fire.  I used the tutorial from My Sisters Scrapper on youtube.  This was very quick to make.  I love the way it came out.

The front cover I used words from Words & Phrases #1.  I painted them with snowtex to give them some dimension.  I used a clock from Skeleton Clocks Set, which I cut and used the other half on the inside.  I used snowtex on them and then I used distress ink on it also.  I added flowers and twine from my stash.  I also added dew drops from The Robin's Nest.

I then used a key and keyhole from the Keys & Plates set.  I used snowtex on them, then I used distress inks to give them an aged look.  I used on the edge of the folio hinges from the Hinges Set.  Again I used snowtex and distress inks to give them an aged look.

The inside of the folio will hold 15 photos in the waterfall section.  I have a pocket with tags on the other side with the other half of the skeleton clock.  I then added flowers and twine from my stash.

I hope you like what I have created this week.
Thanks for stopping!!
Kim :)

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Robin's Nest Item Used:
Dew Drops

Other Items Used:
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Distress Inks: Vintage Photo/Black Soot
Bo Bunny Paper: Timepiece Collection

Friday, August 14, 2015

"A Moment in Time" Layout with Robins Nest Paper by Kim C.

This is one of the hardest projects I have had to do.  This is a layout I did using papers from The Robin's Nest.  This is a layout honoring a woman that I miss so very much.  This is my Grandmother and she was a sweet and very wonderful lady.  

The paper I used from the Robin's Nest for the back ground is Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock.  I then used Tropicana Fleur Cardstock for the photo mat along with cream colored cardstock.  I used from Gina's Designs the chipboard frame called Flourished Frame: Connie.  I used some gesso to soften it up just a little bit.  You can still see the natural color of the chipboard.

Along the right side of the photo I made a flower cluster that has a piece of chipboard called Tudor Rose Singes.  I cut it in half and used some of the negative pieces to add some swirls.  I also used gesso on these pieces as well.  I added some diamond dew drops in a frosted white from The Robins Nest.  I then added some cheesecloth and flowers from my stash.

At the bottom left of the photo I added more of the negative pieces coming out of the flowers.  I also added a script word cluster from Words & Phrases #1.  I added another diamond dew drop and added some flowers and a flat back heart from my stash.

I hope you like this weeks project.  It was a very emotional project for me.

Robin's Nest Items Used:
Diamond Dew Drops
Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock
Tropicana Fleur Cardstock

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other Items Used:
Cream Cardstock
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Resin Heart

Friday, August 7, 2015

Steampunk Hot Air Balloon Embellishment

Hi everyone!  This week I wanted to show what great embellishments you can make with items from Gina's Designs!!
We are also having a cross promotion with The Robin's Nest this month!

I used the Steampunk Border for this embellishment.

I cut off the hot air balloon from the bottom.  And this is what I created with it!!

I first gave it a couple coats of gesso.  I then painted it with paints from ColourArt.  I then added some pattern paper from my stash.

I added some dew drops from The Robin's Nest.  I also added a large dew drop to the bottom gear.  I then added some crackle medium to the top of the balloon in all the little openings.
This is now ready to add to any project, like a card, tag, or maybe even a layout.  I will be using this at a later time in an upcoming project.  Or maybe I just might put a magnet on the back and hang it up.  This would make a great magnet for the fridge, hmmm....  The possibilities!!!!! 

Gina's Items Used:

The Robin's Nest Item Used:

Other items used:
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante
Crackle Accents
ColourArte Paints

Thanks for stopping!!
Kim :)