Friday, July 24, 2015

Tea Box w/Tutorial

This week I decided to just do something simple but really cute!
I made a Tea Box.
This will also be a short tutorial on how I made this little box.
This is a pizza style box.


First you will need to have some cardstock.  The measurement for the box is 4 3/4 x 7 3/4.  You need to score on the 4 3/4 side at 3/4" and 4".  Rotate cardstock to the 7 3/4 side and score at 3/4", 3 1/2", 4 1/4" and 7".
Then you will need to cut the tabs on each end and in the middle.   Then add adhesive to all the tabs.
See photo below for reference.


Fold on all score lines and assemble your box.  Your box should look like the photo below.


The chipboard pieces are form a new set called Coffee & Tea Set.  I used the teacup with teabag, the word tea and a steam piece.  I painted all the pieces with several coats of gesso.  I then inked them with vintage photo distress ink.  The tea bag I used the distress ink to make it look like it had been used.  I then added glossy accents to the tea bag and the word, tea.


I then used a flower background stamp to stamp the tea cup.  I used victorian velvet distress ink.
Before adhering the chipboard pieces I cut some pattern paper and adhered that to the box.  My measurements for the pattern paper are as follows:  top of box 3 1/8x 2 5/8, front and back sides of box 5/8 x 3 1/8(cut 2)  sides of box 5/8 x 2 5/8(cut 2).  I inked all the edges of the paper with vintage photo distress ink.
I hope you like what I have done and I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  Sorry for not having photos of the chipboard process but I was very into making this box.
This little box will hold 4 tea bags.


Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Black Cardstock
Scor Tape
Graphic 45 Pattern Paper
Gesso
Glossy Accents
Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet/Vintage Photo
Stampendous Stamp Set
Tea Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment