Friday, September 18, 2015

Prima Picket Fence Clock

Hello ladies, when I saw this picket fence clock I was super excited to alter this.  I gave the fence a weathered paint look with a crackle technique.  I painted the slates with 2 coats of flat black paint, then added my crackle medium.  Once it was dried I added vintage ivory acrylic paint and then added black distress ink to all the edges.  


I added a birdcage, which I manipulated to give it some dimension.  I pained it with snow tex for  more dimension and added a very small flower to the top.  I also inked it slightly with black distress ink.


The clock face I used Prima paper along with the base of the fence.  The numbers on the clock I painted with black ink, then used my finger to added gesso to make the numbers pop.  I also added gesso to the clock hands to make them stand out more.


The flourish details I inked with 2 different distress inks, Crushed Olive and Forest Moss.  Then again using my finger to add gesso for dimension.  I then added several flowers from my stash to finish it off.


I just love the way this came out!  Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other Items Used:
Prima Stationer's Desk
Distress Inks: Forest Moss & Crushed Olive
Gesso
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Acrylic Paints: Ivory & Black
Folkart Crackle Medium
Snow-Tex

No comments:

Post a Comment