Friday, August 28, 2015

Altered Frame by Kim C.

Welcome to this weeks project!
I have altered a picture frame that I picked up at a yard sale.  Best place to find those items to alter and make beautiful!


I painted the frame with white gesso first then added pattern paper.  I then added an intricate doily to the top and bottom corners.  I then added flowers from my stash on top.  I added some lace and some flat back pearls to each scallop on the lace.


The large butterfly I painted with snow-tex then added some H2O paints from ColourArte and then used some distress ink on it.  


I then painted the word "Love", also with snow-tex.


A view of the top corner with the intricate doily under the flowers.  I wanted this to look elegant with just a touch of color to it.  I think I managed that.  I hope you like this weeks project and please stop back!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Gesso
Flatback Pearls
Lace
Mirabelle Paper Collection from The Paper Studio(Hobby Lobby)
Snow-Tex

No comments:

Post a Comment