Thursday, June 18, 2015

Father's Day Cards

Fathers Day is right around the corner, so I decided this week to make some Fathers Day Cards.
I by no means am a card maker, but I do at least try and attempt them.
My first card is very simple, but masculine!  I used black cardstock and pattern paper from my stash for the base.  I then layered black cardstock with cream cardstock.  I used the Compass Shape Set along with a piece from the Miniatures Guy Thing set.  I inked the edge of the telescope with Walnut stain distress ink.  I left the chipboard pieces their natural color.  They just didn't need anything to make them stand out at all.  I then added some metal letters to spell out the word "Dad" along the edge of the cardstock.

My second card I used the Gears Borders & Corners set and a gear from Miniatures Guy Thing set.
I inked the gear corner piece with walnut stain distress ink and vintage photo ink.  I then added clear embossing powder and it gave it a rusted look.  I then used walnut stain ink to the smaller gear at the top as well as the chipboard letters.  I used glossy accents on the letters.  I then added some metal gears to give more dimension.


Below is a close up of the gear corner piece.


I hope you like the cards I have created.

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
MME Paper
Black/Cream Cardstock
Metal Embellishments
Distress Inks: Walnut Stain/Vintage Photo
Clear Embossing Powder
Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping!
Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment