Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Garden Wall Hanging

Hello Everyone! Today's project is 2 small wall hangings that I call "Spring Garden".
I have done alot of different techniques for this project.
So lets get started!


I started with a sizzix die, the Fence.  I cut out 6 of them and glued 3 together to get one fence.  I made 2 of them.  I then painted them with brown paint, added crackle medium and then painted them with ivory acrylic paint.  I then inked them with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I added twine for the hangers.  The chipboard pieces I used came from the Spring Shape Set.


Here is a closer look at the wall hangings in the pictures above.  I used several of the shapes for the Spring Shape Set.  I used the word Spring, the 2 buckets(small and large), a shovel and hand rake, a boot, the watering jug, several butterflies, birdhouse w/bird and 2 of the flowers on stems.  I painted the buckets with gesso, then added crackle medium and then painted them brown.  I added twine to the buckets.  I painted the flower stems with ivory paint for the flowers and sage green for the stems.  I inked them with Victorian Velvet and Forest Moss distress inks.  I then added glossy accents to the flower heads.  I did the same to the butterflies that I did to the tulips.  I used some letter blocks from my stash to spell out "Garden".

Here is a close up of the word "Spring".  What I did is painted the word with ivory acrylic paint, then I used my homemade glimmer mist to color it.  I used Aged Mahogany distress ink to create the glimmer mist.  I then inked it with Victorian Velvet distress ink and then used glossy accents.



Here is a close up of the watering can and the shovel.  I painted them both with grey paint adding crackle medium to the can.  I also created dirt, by using snow-tex and brown paint.  I added that to the bottom of the can, on the shovel, on the buckets and on a few of the slates of the fences.

Here is a close up of one of the buckets, with the flower stem and butterfly.
Below are close ups of the double butterfly, the boot and hand rake, and the butterfly on the large bucket.

Gina's Designs Items used:

Other items used:
Acrylic Paint: Ivory, Sage Green, Brown, Grey
Glossy Accents
Crackle Medium
Letter Blocks
Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Forest Moss
Snow-Tex
Twine


I hope you have enjoyed this weeks project.  If you would like to see more pictures and a video please go to my blog, Kreations by Kimber.
Thanks so much and have a great day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment