Saturday, April 18, 2015

Brush Caddy

I everyone and welcome to this weeks project!

I have altered this Brush Caddy!

This was so easy to put together and so fun to decorate.  So let's get started! 


The picture above shows the front of the caddy.  I used Graphic 45 paper to cover it.  I added laces and trim from my stash.  I also added beautiful flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used several collections from Gina's store.  The top left corner I used a small dress form, a heart piece and a leaf flourish.  I painted them all with gesso and then I inked the heart with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I then inked the leaf flourish with Forest Moss distress ink.  I then inked all the edges with Black Soot.  And then added some small open roses in pale pink.  The top right corner has a large trellis rose, a smaller black open rose and a cream hip rosebud.  I also added another leaf flourish.
The front left bottom I added a frame and a butterfly that I painted and inked and then  added the word "Inspire".  The bottom front right has a larger dress form that I painted, inked and added pattern paper to along with some flat back white pearls.  I then added several different flowers along with another leaf flourish.  I gessoed everything to soften it just a bit.


The photo above is the back of the caddy.  You can see where I added the Lace boarder strip to the bottom.  I inked this with Black soot and used gesso to make it stand out.  The next photos are closeups of the larger dress form.


The bottom photo you can see where I added the flat back pearls to the top and to the fringe on the dress form. Also a closeup of the small dress form with heart.


I hope you like what I have done!  Below is a list of what I used.

Gina's Designs used:

Other items used:
Gesso
Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Black Soot, Forest Moss
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Graphic 45 Paper: Le Romanique
Lace/Trim

Thanks for stopping!!
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment