Monday, August 26, 2013

Altered Matchbox Dresser

Hello Everyone! I wanted to share this altered matchbox dresser that I have done for a swap over at CCL(Creating the Crafty Life).  I love how this has turned out.  I will be doing more of these I think.  It was so fun and easy to do.  I created my own matchboxes, why go spend money when I have cardstock right here that will work great for them.  They are the smaller boxes.

 The top of the dresser I created this back for it using a piece of light weight chipboard.  I cut it into 2 pieces and rounded the corners with my corner chopper.  I then glued them together to form the back.  My embellishments are flowers from WOC(Wild Orchid Crafts) and some pearl bling from W2S(Want to Scrap).  The wood pieces I got from a swap over at NBC(Nothing but Crafts), thanks Kim they worked so well for this.  I also received the cameo form her as well.

 The feet for the bottom I created from pearl beads and bead caps.  I love how they came out.  The last picture show that the drawers actually work.  I used very small beads as the handles.  I added more pearl bling to each side of the dresser.  The paper line I used was from Graphic 45, love them!!!  And finally I used my favorite(for right now lol) medium, gesso to give it that something extra!!  I hope you have enjoyed my post today, and please stop back again!  Happy Scrapping!!

7 comments:

  1. Kim I love your little dresser, One of these days I'm going to make one.. I keep saying that over and over on everything I want to do and someday I will.... LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us I really do love it. Hugs, Donalda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Stunning! Fabulous idea and love the papers and embellishments.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this its stunning, the details on the top just send it over the top and i love it
    hugs
    Marie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful ! very, very charming !

    ReplyDelete