Sunday, January 19, 2014

Altered Book Box

This is a book box that I altered for the Artful Creative Contest over at Creating the Crafty Life.  I have used several of the items that Lucky sent me to alter this box.  I also have a pic of what I used on the box.
 I used almost all of what you see in this pic on the box.



This is a pic of the outside of the box.  I used the brown cardstock and the 8x8 paper for the front.  The frame is only half glued down so you can slide a picture under it.  I used my Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies which I punched from the same paper.  The flowers I used the trims I got, and I also used the same trim around the box.  The spine of the box I used a different trim. I made pearl swirls with the flatback adhesive pearls I got.  The resin flower at the bottom I used gesso on to lighten it up.
The inside of the box I also made to hold photos.  I made a small flower arrangement in the corner and I had some cloths pins that where pink so I painted it with gesso and then painted it with sage green acrylic paint to match the papers I used.  I love the way this came out.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment